In honoring the Stonewall riots 50 years ago, we are calling for artists’ submission. Showcasing your talent with your best contemporary artwork to celebrate the LGBTQ community. All art formats are welcome, photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, textile and etc. If you have images, documents or artworks from the 1970s which reflected the lives and events of the LGBTQ community, please also let us know.
- Submission Deadline: May 19th, 2019.
Submit your work before the deadline to ensure your entry.
PLEASE read carefully and follow the rules of the submission form. Pay special attention to your work upload file’s name requirement:
Example: Doe_John_Portrait of Me_2019_Painting_20x20
- Selection Result Notification: June 1st, 2019.
We will send out an email to all artists by June 1st regarding the selection result and further information. Any Sculpture or oversized submissions need to be reviewed on an individual basis. Standard max framed art is 30″ x 30″.
- Art Work Delivery Day: June 11th, 2019 from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
We will be accepting all selected artwork on this day.
All 2D arts(photographs, paintings, drawings, etc.) need to be properly framed and protected. All 3D arts(sculptures, ceramic, etc.) need to be ready to hang on the wall or stand/platform needs to be provided with the art.
Make sure you have securely LABELED your artwork with your Full Name, Name of the Art_Date of Creation_Art Format, Phone Number, Email.
For Example: Doe John, Portrait of Me_2019_Painting, 415-000-0000, JDoe@gmail.com
- Sign the Exhibition Agreement Document on Delivery Day
We will ask you to sign an Exhibition Agreement Document on the delivery day. It will contain artwork insurance policy, artwork integrity examination, artwork sales agreement(25% commission fee for donation to) and confirmation of artwork pickup schedule after the exhibition. Notice: we will not provide artwork insurance for the exhibition. All artists will be responsible for providing their own personal insurance. We can not store the artwork after the exhibition. Any left artwork will be donated to a local charity after the pickup date.
- Exhibition Dates: June 22-July 21, 2019
- Opening Reception: June 22nd, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm at Harvey Milk Photo Center.
- All artists that submit and who are selected must be present at the opening reception.
- Artwork Pickup Dates: July 23rd – 24th, 2019 from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Harvey Milk Photo Center.
- If you are designating someone to pick up your artwork during the pickup dates. Please let us know the person’s name and contact information. Otherwise, we won’t release your work to anyone else.